[llvm-branch-commits] [lld] r371037 - ReleaseNotes tweaks
Hans Wennborg via llvm-branch-commits
llvm-branch-commits at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 5 02:25:04 PDT 2019
Date: Thu Sep 5 02:25:04 2019
New Revision: 371037
--- lld/branches/release_90/docs/ReleaseNotes.rst (original)
+++ lld/branches/release_90/docs/ReleaseNotes.rst Thu Sep 5 02:25:04 2019
@@ -13,7 +13,7 @@ lld is a high-performance linker that su
command-line-compatible with GNU linkers and Microsoft link.exe and is
significantly faster than the system default linkers.
-lld 9.0 has lots of feature improvements and bug fixes.
+lld 9 has lots of feature improvements and bug fixes.
Non-comprehensive list of changes in this release
@@ -56,7 +56,7 @@ ELF Improvements
include a header file provided by the library and then explicitly
link the library with the linker ``-l`` option. On Windows, header
files usually contain pragmas that list needed libraries. Compilers
- copies that information to object files, so that linkers can
+ copy that information to object files, so that linkers can
automatically link needed libraries. ``--dependent-library`` is
added for implementing that Windows semantics on Unix.
@@ -65,7 +65,7 @@ ELF Improvements
* lld now supports replacing ``JAL`` with ``JALX`` instructions in case
- of MIPS â microMIPS cross-mode jumps.
+ of MIPS-microMIPS cross-mode jumps.
* lld now creates LA25 thunks for MIPS R6 code.
@@ -93,7 +93,7 @@ ELF Improvements
* The experimental partitioning feature is added to allow a program to
be split into multiple pieces.
- The feature allows you semi-automatically split a single program
+ The feature allows you to semi-automatically split a single program
into multiple ELF files called "partitions". Since all partitions
share the same memory address space and don't use PLT/GOT, split
programs run as fast as regular programs.
@@ -104,9 +104,9 @@ ELF Improvements
sub-partition and load the PDF reader partition only when a user
tries to open a PDF file.
- See https://lld.llvm.org/Partitions.html for more information.
+ See `the documentation <Partitions.html>`_ for more information.
-* If "-" is given as an output filename, lld write the final result
+* If "-" is given as an output filename, lld writes the final result
to the standard output. Previously, it created a file "-" in the
@@ -161,8 +161,6 @@ COFF Improvements
* Several speed and memory usage improvements.
-* Range extension thunks are now created for ARM64, if needed.
* lld-link now supports resource object files created by GNU windres and
MS cvtres, not only llvm-cvtres.
@@ -189,7 +187,7 @@ WebAssembly Improvements
* Imports from custom module names are supported.
-* Symbols that are in llvm.used are no exported by default.
+* Symbols that are in llvm.used are now exported by default.
* Initial support for PIC and dynamic linking has landed.
More information about the llvm-branch-commits