[lldb-dev] LLDB problem with TAB

Jim Ingham via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 18 15:13:35 PDT 2020

It sounds like you aren’t getting completion anywhere, both in the python interpreter and in the regular lldb command line interpreter, is that right?  If so, then it’s most likely you didn’t get link with libedit, which is what provides the tab completion, command line editing and the like.  You can easily tell by attaching to your lldb with another lldb and running “image list”.  You should see libedit in the list.  If you don’t then that’s your problem…  Without libedit support lldb just thinks it is talking to a dumb terminal, and can’t do anything smart with user input.

The lldb CMakery will try to find and use lib edit from your system.  There are also cmake variables that control whether to link in libedit and where to find it.  Anyway, likely something went wrong there.

Jim