[lldb-dev] [RFC] Listing files in remote directory

GongYu Deng via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 24 09:55:31 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

To implement a remote disk file completion like CommandCompletions:DiskFilesOrDirectories for commands like "platform get-size”, I was trying to find out how local disk files are resolved. It seems the resolving mechanism is based on the llvm::sys module with which the implementation of CommandCompletions:DiskFilesOrDirectories is indirectly coupled.

As I went through the DoExecute function of platform commands, it seems the remote context can be accessed by the Platform pointer returned from CommandObject::GetDebugger().GetPlatformList().GetSelectedPlatform(). So maybe we could refactor CommandCompletions:DiskFilesOrDirectories into Platform:: DiskFilesOrDirectories to make it available for remote resolving?

But I don’t know if the idea above is right or feasible. Or maybe there could be other better solutions.

Does anyone have ideas?

Best regards,
Gongyu Deng