[lldb-dev] How/where to add test cases in LLDB.

Jonas Devlieghere via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 10 12:57:26 PST 2020

Hey Sourabh,

You'll want to take a look at the existing tests in `test/Shell`.
These tests run one or more shell commands and uses FileCheck to
verify that the output match what you expect. These tests use lldb's
batch mode, where lldb commands are executed one after another, rather
than interactively.

A good example is test/Shell/Commands/command-backtrace.test

More info about lit and FileCheck:
https://llvm.org/docs/TestingGuide.html
https://llvm.org/docs/CommandGuide/FileCheck.html

Cheers,