[lldb-dev] [RFC] Removing lldb-mi

Davide Italiano via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 4 09:51:19 PDT 2019

On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 12:58 AM Zdenek Prikryl via lldb-dev <
lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> We're using it with Eclipse and Eclipse based product, so I'd like to keep
> as well! :-)...
>
> Zdenek

I do understand that there's desire from people to keep this around (from
an user perspective), but I guess this fundamentally misses Jonas' original
mail point.
lldb-mi has been unmaintained for a long time (at least the past two years
from what I can tell), and we tried to use it in emacs without success.
It has never been a priority for many of the parties putting effort in lldb
and I'm under the impression the situation won't change in the foreseeable
future.
Unless somebody steps up as maintainer I don't think there's a lot of
future for the tool.
Maybe a good compromise would be that of having lldb-mi living in a
separate repo somewhere on GitHub, as it only uses the SBAPI, which is
public and set in stone?

--
Davide