[lldb-dev] Bugzilla default-assignee vs default-cc

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 12 01:34:56 PDT 2019

On 12/04/2019 10:25, Jonas Devlieghere via lldb-dev wrote:
> I was talking to one of the Bugzilla admins (Kristof) earlier today and
> he pointed out that the default assignee for lldb bugs in the lldb-dev
> list, and that it might be better to change that from default-assignee
> to default-cc. That way, when the bug gets assigned, the mailing list
> continues to get updates.
>
> I guess changing this depends on what our intentions are: do we just
> want to notify the mailing list of new bugs or if we want to keep the
> list in the loop for every bug. The latter might mean more traffic,
> depending on how many people actually assign bugs to themselves.
>
> Please speak up if you think this is worth changing!
>
> Cheers,
> Jonas

I actually think the current behaviour strikes a good balance for the
noise-to-signal ratio.

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't want to get an email for every update to
all lldb bugs out there. However, I like to have an overview of new bugs
coming in, and when I find a particular bug interesting, I can always
add myself to the cc list so I am notified of updates to the bugs I care
about.

pl