[lldb-dev] [RFC] OS Awareness in LLDB

Leonard Mosescu via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 31 11:26:40 PDT 2018

Hi Alexander, are you interested in user-mode, kernel-mode debugging or
both?

Fore reference, the current state of the art regarding OS-awareness
debugging is debugging tools for windows
<https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/index>
(windbg
& co.). This is not surprising since the tools were developed alongside
Windows. Obviously they are specific to Windows, but it's good example of
how the OS-awareness might look like.