[lldb-dev] [RFC] OS Awareness in LLDB

Alexander Polyakov via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 29 11:37:10 PDT 2018

Hi lldb-dev,

I'm a senior student at Saint Petersburg State University. The one of my
possible diploma themes is "OS Awareness in LLDB". Generally, the OS
awareness extends a debugger to provide a representation of the OS threads
- or tasks - and other relevant data structures, typically semaphores,
mutexes, or queues.

I want to ask the community if OS awareness is interesting for LLDB users
and developers? The main goal is to create some base on top of LLDB that
can be extended to support awareness for different operating systems.

Also, if you have a good article or other useful information about OS
awareness, please share it with me.

Thanks in advance!

--
Alexander