[lldb-dev] increase timeout for tests?

Davide Italiano via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 8 09:11:35 PST 2018

Hi,
I've noticed some of the tests we have trigger timeouts when running in debug.

TIMEOUT: test_NSError_p_dwarf (lang/objc/foundation/TestObjCMethods2.py)
TIMEOUT: test_expression_lookups_objc_dwarf
(lang/objc/foundation/TestObjCMethods.py)
TIMEOUT: test_expressions_in_literals_dsym
(lang/objc/objc-new-syntax/TestObjCNewSyntax.py)
TIMEOUT: test_frame_var_after_stop_at_interface_gmodules
(lang/objc/real-definition/TestRealDefinition.py)
TIMEOUT: test_frame_variable_across_modules_gmodules
(lang/objc/hidden-ivars/TestHiddenIvars.py)
TIMEOUT: test_kvo_with_run_command_gmodules
(functionalities/data-formatter/data-formatter-objc/TestDataFormatterObjC.py)
TIMEOUT: test_long_long_type_gmodules (types/TestIntegerTypesExpr.py)
TIMEOUT: test_long_type_gmodules (types/TestIntegerTypes.py)
TIMEOUT: test_rdar11106605_with_run_command_gmodules
(functionalities/data-formatter/data-formatter-objc/nsstring/TestDataFormatterNSString.py)
TIMEOUT: test_sb_api_listener_event_process_state
(api/multithreaded/TestMultithreaded.py)
TIMEOUT: test_scope_ambiguity_after_using_lookup_with_run_command_gmodules
(lang/cpp/namespace/TestNamespaceLookup.py)
TIMEOUT: test_set_auto_confirm_gmodules (settings/TestSettings.py)
TIMEOUT: test_step_over_load_gmodules
(functionalities/load_unload/TestLoadUnload.py)
TIMEOUT: test_uint32_t_gmodules (lang/cpp/enum_types/TestCPP11EnumTypes.py)

There's nothing fundamentally broken with these tests, it's just that
they take forever.
What do you think about increasing the timeout for single tests?
Alternatively, we could start splitting these tests into smaller
tests.

Thanks,

--
Davide