[lldb-dev] Failing LIT-based lldb-mi tests

Adrian Prantl via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 14 14:21:57 PDT 2018

> On Aug 14, 2018, at 2:13 PM, Александр Поляков <polyakov.alx at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> After long-long debugging I found out that lldb-mi can't successfully launch a process since sometimes it isn't connected with something(I don't know what is it).
> I found out that it fails after `if (IsConnected())` from `GDBRemoteCommunication::SendPacketNoLock(llvm::StringRef payload)`.
>
> Do you have any thoughts about this?

You mean that the connection to the debugserver/gdbserver isn't working? How does lldb-mi negoiate the port for communicating with the debugger server? Does it use the same mechanism as lldb? I'm asking because I remember that a while ago I fixed a bug in lldb's random port selection code that could cause two concurrently running instances to pick the same port. Does it look like the connection never works, or is it being droppped?

+Jim, do you happen to have an idea what this could be a symptom of?

-- adrian