[lldb-dev] Port LLDB to ppc64le (ABIv2) on linux

Gustavo Serra Scalet via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 6 08:37:44 PDT 2017

Hi,

Mainly live debugging, but I have the feeling that implementing post-mortem wouldn't be such a hassle afterwards. (register read/write, stack walk... they would all be done at this point).

> I did have a look at what it would take to add support for Power PC
> little endian core files. I didn't seem too bad as the existing code for
> PPC 64 support just needed to be aware of LE as well. I may be able to
> resurrect the patch if master hasn't diverged too much.
>
> Live debugging looked a bit more complicated but that's probably because
> most of my experience has been with post-mortem debugging. I think I
> stopped work on the core file support because I didn't have the time to
> learn about the live debugging side and it didn't seem to make sense to
> add core file support without live debug.

Wait. As far as I understood, LLDB already supports ppc64 big endian, right? (particularly the ppc970 model) Plenty of things changed since then but I guess I can use it as a reference (despite endianness, of course).