[lldb-dev] No C++ SB API for Watchpoint callbacks?

Daniel Noland via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 13 11:34:03 PDT 2016

Please correct me if I have missed something critical here, but the C++
SB API does not seem to provide a way to set callbacks to run when a
watchpoint is hit (while SBBreakpoint and the private Watchpoint class
does offer this functionality).

* Is this omission by design?
* Is there another way to get similar functionality?
* Would it be a good idea for me to contribute code which adds this
functionality?

I read through some of the source code, and I think it would be quite
possible to add callback functionality in a manor nearly identical to
the SBBreakpoint implementation.

I have briefly started putting together the needed changes, but I
thought I would check here to make sure I am solving a real problem in a
good way before I go too far.

Thanks,
\author{Daniel Noland}