[lldb-dev] LLDB + UE4 on Android

Mikhail Filimonov via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 9 13:33:03 PST 2016

Hello, fellow developers!

I’m trying to debug Unreal Engine 4 sample on Android with LLDB 3.8 build from source - Win32 x86 liblldb.dll and Android ARM lldb-server : it can’t match the stripped module libUE4.so running on the device with a full version which is available on a host.
Unreal Build Tool don’t add the .note.gnu.build-id or .gnu_debuglink sections to ELF files – and it looks that only if the stripped ELF .so running on a target does have one of these than it could be matched with a full ELF module located on a host - is that true?
​
My reasoning is based on examination of
https://github.com/llvm-mirror/lldb/blob/release_38/source/Plugins/Process/gdb-remote/GDBRemoteCommunicationClient.cpp#L4328
and
https://github.com/llvm-mirror/lldb/blob/release_38/source/Plugins/ObjectFile/ELF/ObjectFileELF.cpp#L790

If so, I need to modify UBT to add the .build-id or .gnu_debuglink to a stripped libUE4.so