[lldb-dev] [llvm-dev] Git Move: GitHub+modules proposal

Matthias Braun via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jun 26 17:20:02 PDT 2016

I really liked the the solution proposed earlier in this thread: Do nothing server side, but instead use
`git rev-list --count master` on the client side (which takes 0.9s on my machine) to get the number of the commit. So nothing to do on the ID part IMO.

As for updating the meta repository: We could disable write access for the normal llvm developer and delegate the submodule bumping to an external
server. I believe this would be an easy enough job for buildbot or jenkins.

- Matthias