[lldb-dev] 7th build slot?

Ying Chen via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 15 11:04:12 PDT 2015

Thanks for the suggestions.
I've changed the descriptions of "clang" to "clang-3.5" since this
<http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/lldb-x86_64-ubuntu-14.04-cmake/builds/6301>
build.

We currently have 8 test slots reserved. 1-6 are configurations that should
pass, 7-8 are experimental ones that have known failing tests, like step 8
on android builder
<http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/lldb-x86_64-ubuntu-14.04-android/builds/2398>
.

Both of new test configurations and total number of test slots is easy to
expand. We could discuss with the team for which clang versions to cover.

For test time, it depends on thread counts, which is the number of cores by
default. Like on the bot, the first line says "Testing: 396 test suites, 32
threads". And it's also related to build configuration, Release build runs
faster than Debug build.

Thanks,
Ying