[lldb-dev] [zorg] r214540 - Fixed mergefunc builder configure; added lldb builder for FreeBSD.

Rick Foos rfoos at codeaurora.org
Thu May 14 09:22:23 PDT 2015

Small note, you can control emails sent by builder.

For example, I did not include my experimental builders in the email
notification.

By the same token, you could add a custom notifier for any experimental
builder that you individually want to watch without going to a web site.

The remaining problem is that the experimental builder failures appear
on lab.llvm.org:8011.

Rick

         InformativeMailNotifier(
             fromaddr = "llvm.buildmaster at lab.llvm.org",
             sendToInterestedUsers= False,
             extraRecipients =
["rfoos at codeaurora.org","llvm.buildmaster at quicinc.com"],
             subject="Build %(builder)s Failure",
             mode = "failing",
             b*uilders = ["llvm-hexagon-elf","clang-hexagon-elf"],*
             addLogs=False,
             num_lines = 15),

On 05/14/2015 04:38 AM, Tamas Berghammer wrote:

> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 7:05 PM, Galina Kistanova
> <gkistanova at gmail.com <mailto:gkistanova at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     >> Will our rotations alias still get failure emails like it does now?
>     > Galina should be able to answer this
>
>     What is the "rotations alias"?
>

> From the buildbot perspective it is an additional e-mail address where
> it sends a notification for each failed build (based on
> an InformativeMailNotifier
> in buildbot/osuosl/master/config/status.py:125). It is a special
> e-mail address what will forward the failure notification to the right
> people inside the LLDB team at Google based on some settings but it
> isn't effect the way the buildbot have to handle it.
>
>     > could we disable IRC notification for these buildbots as well?
>
>     I will disable IRC notifications for experimental bots today, if
>     everything will go well.
>
>     Thanks
>
>     Galina
>

>     On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 10:44 AM, David Blaikie
>     <dblaikie at gmail.com <mailto:dblaikie at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>         On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 5:17 PM, Vince Harron
>         <vince at nethacker.com <mailto:vince at nethacker.com>> wrote:
>
>             Hi David,
>
>             I agree that it needs to be fixed.  Thanks for
>             communicating the issue.
>
>             I've submitted a change that XFAILs timeout tests.  This
>             should make lldb-x86_64-ubuntu-14.04-cmake solid (fingers
>             crossed).
>
>             Will our rotations alias still get failure emails like it
>             does now?
>

>         Galina should be able to answer this - I'm not sure on the
>         exact setup, but that seems like a reasonable/right
>         configuration. The main/only thing I care about is not
>         notifying random contributors (or the IRC channel, which is
>         equivalent) on a bot that's not pretty reliable (granted, my
>         GDB 7.5 buildbot has some flaky tests in it that come up once
>         a week or so - and I wouldn't mind being held to this bar
>         myself, I've meant/tried to disable those at various points
>         but never quite pushed through)
>
>         - David
>

>             Vince
>

>             On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 4:27 PM, David Blaikie
>             <dblaikie at gmail.com <mailto:dblaikie at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>                 On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 4:15 PM, Galina Kistanova
>                 <gkistanova at gmail.com <mailto:gkistanova at gmail.com>>
>                 wrote:
>
>                     Hi Vince,
>
>                     Maybe "experimental" is not the best word to name
>                     the group. Anyway, the actual meaning is a group
>                     of builders which does not send e-mail
>                     notifications to the blame list on a failure after
>                     a green or interrupted build.
>                     These builders are shown in the UI as usual,
>                     though, on the waterfall page they are at the
>                     right. The IRC notifications are sent on every
>                     builder status change.
>                     The builders of this group builds on demand only.
>                     I think this is not a desired behavior in this
>                     case. We still want these builders to build on
> [...]

Rick Foos
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.