[lldb-dev] Is RequestReturnValue still relevant

Jim Ingham jingham at apple.com
Fri Jun 19 09:37:35 PDT 2015

That comment is outdated.  I don't remember what it was there for originally, svn says it is Greg's.  Maybe he remembers.

Anyway, you shouldn't need to do anything special to get the return value object out of a ThreadPlanCallFunction, just set up the arguments, run the plan (with RunThreadPlan) and then call GetReturnValueObject on the thread plan (provided it succeeds of course...)

ThreadPlanCallUserExpression is more complex, but that's really only used with ClangUserExpression at present, if you are trying to get something in the target process using a function call on the lldb_private side of things you should use ClangFunctions, or use ThreadPlanCallFunction & RunThreadPlan.

What are you trying to do?

Jim