[lldb-dev] Removing libedit dependency for LLGS

Andy Chien achien at blueshiftinc.com
Wed Sep 10 10:44:04 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of trying to build LLGS with static linking and ported
over to Android. One big issue I'm currently facing is that IOHandler and
CommandInterpreter rely on libedit. While LLGS does not need them, they are
heavily used by the Debugger which is needed by LLGS.

Since Android NDK does not provide libedit, I'm interested to decouple
IOHandler and CommandInterpreter from the Debugger. What would be the
preferred way or suggestion to do so?

   - Convert to an interface and allow it to be null?
   - Convert to an interface, implement it as a dummy no-op for the use
   case of LLGS?
   - Something else?

Thanks.