[lldb-dev] Inspecting local variables whose name collides with a built-in LLDB type

Bobby Holley bholley at mozilla.com
Wed Jul 9 09:54:58 PDT 2014

Hi,

I use LLDB (lldb-310.2.37) to debug Firefox/Gecko. One of my biggest
annoyances is that I can't seem to make it inspect a local variable called
'id' (of which we have many) because 'id' is the name of a built-in LLDB
type.

(lldb) p id
(lldb) p id.get()
error: cannot use dot operator on a type
error: 1 errors parsing expression

I can't seem to find a bug on this - is there one on file? More
importantly, is there some escaping mechanism I can use as a workaround?

Thanks,
bholley