[lldb-dev] Unable to build lldb 3.5

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Mon Dec 15 11:36:48 PST 2014

If I have this correct, you want LLDB to be able to debug software compiled
with clang 3.5.  You don't care what version LLDB is built against, it just
has to be able to debug clang 3.5 executables.

If this is the case, you will need to create a separate repository for
building clang and lldb.  The repository you build LLDB against should have
LLVM, clang, and LLDB all at trunk.  You can still build clang against 3.5
in your separate repository.

The issue here seems to be that an API change was made in LLVM 3.5 which
LLDB at trunk won't build against.