[lldb-dev] lldb inline tests and Makefiles

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Fri Dec 12 15:35:38 PST 2014

lldb inline tests seem to generate their own Makefile and then clean it up
after they're done.  lldb\test\lang\objc\objc-runtime-ivars seems to have a
Makefile checked into the repo.  So when I run the test suite, it deletes
this repo and creates an annoyance every time I go to commit a changelist
I'm working on, because I have to remember to undo the fact that this file
is about to get deleted from the repo.

What's the correct thing to do here?  Should we: a) Remove this Makefile
from the repo and rely on the inline test to generate it, b) Only do
something in CleanMakefile() if BuildMakefile() was previously called?
 (this isn't the case for me locally, since all of these tests are disabled
on Windows, but the cleanup isn't behind a similar check), c) some
combinatino of the above?

Would appreciate some assistance, as this is very annoying to keep having
the test suite modify my in-progress CLs.