[lldb-dev] python command returns different values in a script and interactively

Ted Woodward ted.woodward at codeaurora.org
Tue Aug 12 15:15:44 PDT 2014

I'm trying to write a python script that will launch a simulator to run the
current target. In my script, I've got this code:

    foo = lldb.target.GetExecutable().__get_fullpath__()

    print foo

    print type(foo)

When I run it, I get this:

None

<type 'NoneType'>

But if I run the same commands interactively, I get the right values:

(lldb) script foo = lldb.target.GetExecutable().__get_fullpath__()

(lldb) script print foo

/usr2/ted/lldb_test/factorial

(lldb) script print type(foo)

<type 'str'>

After calling lldb.target.GetExecutable().__get_fullpath__() interactively,
my script starts to work.

Why doesn't it work in the script if I don't call it interactively? How can
I get it to work?

Thanks,

Ted