[lldb-dev] lldb GUI interface

Eran Ifrah eran.ifrah at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 22:28:18 PDT 2013

Hi,

I would like to provide a UI for LLDB as a CodeLite IDE plugin similar to
how CodeLite is supporting gdb.

For gdb, I used GDB MI (Machine Interface) which works pretty good
(especially when it comes to variable objects)
http://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/GDB_002fMI.html

Is there anything equivalent with lldb?
What are your recommendations when it comes to write a UI around lldb?
should I simply execute the lldb executable from within CodeLite and
communicate using stdin/stdout?
Is there a library I can link against? (if so, where is the tutorial?)

Thanks,

--
Eran Ifrah
Author of codelite, a cross platform open source C/C++ IDE: