[lldb-dev] breakpoint command

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Mon Jun 24 07:46:32 PDT 2013

On 21 June 2013 16:04, Malea, Daniel <daniel.malea at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm reading the patch but only got through a small portion of it thus far. The interface changes look all right, to me at least. I'm not too familiar with generating split-file debug info, but I imagine it's possible to do so with some flags to GCC (if not Clang)?

I added standalone debug support to FreeBSD's base system build last
year.  Assuming you have an executable 'exe.full' containing debug
data, it's basically just:

objcopy --strip-debug --add-gnu-debuglink=exe.debug exe.full exe
objcopy --only-keep-debug exe.full exe.debug

(I'm not sure if any linkers support creating standalone debug
directly, but ld from FreeBSD's rather-old binutils doesn't.)