[lldb-dev] Losing prompt when running any python commands

Matthew Sorrels sorrels.m at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 17:21:33 PDT 2013

I can verify that using the libedit from http://www.thrysoee.dk/editline/
does fix the problems with losing the prompt after running a python
script.  Though its build/install doesn't overwrite the stock Ubuntu
version so it was kind of painful to switch just temporarily.  Lldb did
seem to build just fine with it.  It also seemed to handle up-arrow/history
and backspace better than the stock version, though I don't really have a
repro case for bugs I've seen in that area. (where backing up causes you to
get lost on the edit line)

I'm not sure we really want to move it into lldb though, but I'd say it's
definitely a requirement if you want to use lldb on Linux.