[lldb-dev] Help with C++ API

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 19:15:04 PDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 5:08 PM, <jingham at apple.com> wrote:

> So it would be narrowing to view the "synthetic children" as only a framework for viewing container types.

Well, I said "definition of SBValue semantics with regard to children
and with regard to STL containers", in other words - only as far as
STL containers are concerned. I'm just promoting consistency across
STL containers.

Perhaps what I've missed is that there can be several different
synthetic child providers for any parent data type. Even in that case,
it seems there is one such provider that's installed on an SBValue
provided via C++ API by default. So then my proposal applies to these
default providers.

Besides, it's not that SBValue for std::string provides synthetic
children in a different way than I would like. The issue is that it
doesn't provide synthetic children at all! And so far I simply haven't
heard any good reason why it shouldn't by default provide characters
as children.