[lldb-dev] Restarting the application in remote debugging

chansarav chansarav at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 06:04:22 PDT 2013

I have ported lldb for remotely debugging our target. The lldb is connected
to the target simulator using the gdb remote protocol.

$lldb --arch vliw app.elf
(lldb)process connect --plugin gdb-remote connect://localhost:51000

The above command connects the lldb with the target simulator waiting at
port '51000'. And the debug commands work properly.

But once the execution of the application completes, I am facing the
problem in restarting the application for debugging again.

For restarting the application being debugged, I think lldb should send the
'R' packet. When would lldb send the 'R' packet?

Currently the target simulator sends the SIGTERM signal (T0fthread:0001)
after completing the program execution. And on receiving this signal, lldb
doesn't doesn't display the message "Program exited normally".

Also when I gave the 'continue' command to restart the application
debugging again, lldb sends the 'C0f' packet.

Thanks,
Chandra Kumar R.