[lldb-dev] remote to debugserver

Carlo Kok ck at remobjects.com
Wed Oct 17 15:36:04 PDT 2012

Op 17-10-2012 22:54, Greg Clayton schreef:

> On Oct 17, 2012, at 1:48 PM, Carlo Kok <ck at remobjects.com> wrote:
>
>> When I attach to an osx debugserver running on a remote computer,
>> sometimes my breakpoints properly get bound, sometimes they don't.
>> I define my breakpoints before connecting to the remote server. Is
>> this a known issue or should I try and dig deeper? It seems to work
>> every time i step through the DynamicLoader*::OnAttach(); it's
>> almost like I'm connecting to debugserver too soon. If this is a
>> known issue, is there a workaround? If not, where can I look to
>> narrow this down?
>
> Run this before attaching:
>
> (lldb) log enable lldb dyld
>
> This will enable logging for the dynamic loader plug-ins. It will
> make the DynamicLoaderMacOSX log all the shared libraries it finds.
> Run it successfully and save the output. Then save the output from
> when it fails and compare the two.

It ended up being something much different. On Windows filenames aren't
case sensitive; so for some reason sometimes I got a path with the
proper caps, other times a path with a lowercase element in it. FileSpec
needs a case insensitive compare for == on Windows (will add in the
windows branch after some more testing)