[lldb-dev] Hello, I have Questions, about lldb:(

Malea, Daniel daniel.malea at intel.com
Sun Oct 14 10:21:37 PDT 2012

The instructions posted on the build page are slightly out-of-date. LLDB trunk builds against LLVM and Clang trunk, and not a pinned revision as the docs mention. If you're using older revisions, you should update all your working copies to trunk.

The error you're seeing with importing _lldb is due to a problem in one of the Makefiles. Python requires an _lldb.so symlink (pointing to liblldb.so) on the PYTHONPATH in order for the import to work correctly. I am working on a cross-platform way to generate it with the Makefiles, but until it is ready, try the following workaround (creating the symlink manually):

$ ln -sf <absolute-path-to-build-dir>/Debug+Asserts/lib/liblldb.so <build-dir>/Debug+Asserts/lib/python/lldb/python2.7+/_lldb.so

Then, if your PYTHONPATH is set to "<build-dir>/Debug+Asserts/lib/python/lldb/python2.7+", you should be able to run:

$ python -c 'import lldb'

with no errors.

Best of luck,
Dan