[lldb-dev] Problem with large sym files (dsymutil speed)

Somorjai, Akos ASomorjai at graphisoft.com
Mon Sep 26 13:41:31 PDT 2011

Just a faint idea, but would it be possible to trick the linker into
producing the output file (so that we wouldn't have a post-process)? It
parses the object files anyway.

Also, I think compiling dsymutil with llvm would give it a slight speed
boost (8-10% on our code base in general, hence my guess).

Best,

Ákos