[lldb-dev] Notes for building LLDB on Linux

Stephen Wilson wilsons at start.ca
Tue Mar 22 12:20:17 PDT 2011

*,

I wrote up a quick set of notes on how to build LLDB on Linux.

A few weeks ago LLVM grew the makefile support needed to build LLDB as a
proper subproject.  IOW, you can check out the Clang and LLDB sources
into the LLVM "tools" subdirectory, configure, and do a top-level 'make'
to build the complete system.  The attached doc gives a quick overview
of the procedure.

Currently all of LLDB's documentation (that exists in the doc
subdirectory anyway) is plain text.  I decided to stick with that basic
convention but to format the text so it can be parsed by the asciidoc
tool (http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/index.html).  This is a nice
little utility that turns very plain and readable text into very plain
and readable web pages.  I attached the html output as well if anyone is
interested in having a look.

Any comments on the notes or the asciidoc approach most appreciated!

--
steve