[lldb-dev] Help needed: Multi-threaded debugging on OSX

Jim Ingham jingham at apple.com
Sat Feb 19 12:48:48 PST 2011

The ability to embed the LLDB framework within a variety of applications is one of the main design goals for lldb, so this should certainly work.  You should look at the Driver.cpp code as a model for how to do this.  That code doesn't do anything particularly magical, and does not have the problems you cite...

Are you using debugserver & the gdb-remote process plugin in your code, or the MacOSX Native plugin?  The latter has bit-rotted since we've been focusing on the gdb-remote interface.  We plan to revive that at some point, but right now using the gdb-remote plugin is the way to go on MacOS X.

Jim