[lldb-dev] Help needed: Multi-threaded debugging on OSX

Tomas Nemec tnemec78 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 09:32:48 PST 2011

Hello,
sorry to bother, I am looking for advise on OS X (Mach) debugging and since
there are not many examples I figured this would be the best place to ask.

I am developing a graphical debugger for OSX - currently it runs as a GDB
frontend. This is very cumbersome and slow though.
I would like to either create my own mini debugger as a backend or possibly
embed lldb.
My mini debugger works but I found out that it is not reliable when trying
to debug a multi-threaded target when more than 1 thread hits a breakpoint.
Trying to single step then sometimes works and sometimes causes the target
to exit...
Could someone give me some pointers or help me if I share my code with you?
(my code is quite small and not difficult to understand)
Also could someone tell me whether it is difficult to embed lldb as a
backend into my Cocoa frontend? Where should I start?

Many thanks,
Kurt