[lldb-dev] build broken on linux due to ifdef on ConnectionFileDescriptor

kirk.beitz at nokia.com kirk.beitz at nokia.com
Wed Feb 9 16:34:21 PST 2011

Hello Marco ++

I think the break is due to that i had thought all uses of items in arpa/inet.h were already protected by #ifdef __APPLE__ when they were not.  at least that part of your patch would obviously take care of that.

i'm not entirely certain about the name.  the problem is not that unix style sockets are not supported, but that they aren't supported precisely in the same way.  winsock, winsock2, and ws2tcpip headers on mingw support part but not all of the calls made herein, and even then, will support more or less based upon the version of windows being used.

Let me try to take your patch and tweak it, and then also test the build on linux.

Best Regards,
++ Kirk