[lldb-dev] building lldb on linux

Marco Minutoli mminutoli at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 16:43:43 PST 2011

Hello everybody,

I am Marco, a student of computer engineering at Politecnico di
Milano. In the past two days I have played with the llvm source tree
and I managed to build on my laptop(with Linux) lldb. Today after an
update of the source tree I noticed that the build was broken, or at
least It was on Linux.

The first problem I got It was due to the use of O_SHLOCK and O_EXLOCK flags in
source/Host/common/File.cpp . These two flags are not available on
Linux and after a little search on the Internet I came out with the
little patch attached that should fix the problem.

The second problem I got It is due to the use of fcntl with the
F_GETPATH flag to retrieve the file name from a descriptor. AFAIK this
functionality it's not available on Linux at the moment. Any
suggestions on how to proceed?

Looking forward to getting feedback from you.

Best regards,
Marco

--
Marco Minutoli

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x;
y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." --A. Einstein