[lldb-dev] "expression" for gcc compiled code

Sean Callanan scallanan at apple.com
Wed Jul 21 11:16:52 PDT 2010

Matthias,

thanks for testing the expression code!

At this point, the expression parser is too rudimentary to have (interesting) compiler-specific bugs :)  We're retooling it to use LLVM IR and the JIT as opposed to the current, AST-based mechanism which handles C/C++ constructs and types on a case-by-case basis.  This will make it much more general.  Once that functionality gets in, I would welcome any problem reports you can provide.

So in summary, it's not a simple problem, and evaluating expressions in general is fundamentally broken in various ways.  But we're working on it.

Sean