[libc-dev] Fwd: correctly rounded mathematical functions

Siva Chandra via libc-dev libc-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 5 11:09:14 PST 2022

Hi Alexei, Christoph, Jean-Michel and Paul,

On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 10:40 AM Tue Ly via libc-dev <libc-dev at lists.llvm.org>
wrote:

> Are developers of llvm-libc interested by such functions?

Yes!

> If so, we could discuss what would be the requirements for integration in
> llvm-libc in terms of license, table size, allowed operations.

With respect to license: The contributions should be under the LLVM license
and follow the LLVM libc coding style. We can help with setting up the
boiler plate and guide with respect to the coding style.

About table sizes: Since this is specifically about cr_* functions, I do
not think there should be any table size limitations to begin with. I would
imagine that you will continue to work on reducing the table sizes as they
can potentially impact runtime performance.

About allowed operations: I do not think there will be any restrictions
here as well. LLVM libc is a pick and choose libc. So, if someone does not
want some or all of cr_* functions, they can simply exclude them.

Hope this answers your questions. Feel free to ask if you have any more.

Thanks,
Siva Chandra