[flang-dev] How to properly test a patch

Mehdi AMINI via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 16 16:08:56 PDT 2021

Hi,

It is really hard to cover the entire test matrix, and be bullet-proof:
next time you may get a revert because a sanitizer bot will fail
(ASAN/UBSAN/TSAN), or because you broke the IBM SystemZ bot or something
like that.
There is some testing on Phabricator revisions, but I believe it only
builds a single config on Linux and Windows.

Some folks are looking into expanding the pre-merge testing flow, but it'll
take time!

--
Mehdi