[flang-dev] [cfe-dev] Update on Bugzilla migration

MyDeveloper Day via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Nov 13 07:07:10 PST 2021

Anton,

>Over the weekend we tried to perform a "dry-run" migration –
>conversion of all 51k+ bugzilla issues to a temporary GitHub project.

Do we  feel there could be value in sharing access to this temporary GitHub
project with a wider audience so we can see how the issues would look? This
might raise interest and excitement but also might help to ensure we don't
land something that people find hard to work with.

For example, I'm only interested in a very specific subset of the "bugs"
(clang-format), how easy will that be for me to see just those. Are
separate areas just labels? can we filter down to see just the areas we
want?

I'd personally like to see how easy its going to be to find those I want
and to see "what is new" in that area and "what I might work on next"

For me I'd like people to specifically log bugs against "clang-format" and
not  the old "Formatter" that it was in bugzilla so I'm interested to
understand how in the future it might look and if there is any opportunity
to "clean" the data as we migrate.

For example do we plan on taking "[clang-format] [clang-tidy] type labels
from the subject lines and convert them into labels or projects?"

[image: image.png]

Just my 2p worth.

MyDeveloperDay.