[flang-dev] flang test questions

Damian Rouson via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 13 12:06:36 PDT 2021

All,

I'm getting started with writing tests for flang and have a few questions.
First, would you recommend contributing tests to the llvm-test-suite
repository at  https://github.com/llvm/llvm-test-suite?

Second, I was informed in April that the f18-llvm-project fork's fir-dev
branch is able to produce executable files from Fortran 77 source.  Could
someone explain how to use this capability and whether this capability has
been merged upstream to the llvm-project repository?  I can see from an
error message that my locally installed flang is invoking gfortran to
produce executable files.  Do I need to pass a flag to tell flang to
produce an executable program without invoking gfortran?

Damian