[flang-dev] flang tests

Damian Rouson via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 13 11:37:05 PDT 2021

All,

I'm getting started with writing tests for flang and have a few questions.
First, would you recommend submitting tests to the the llvm-test-suite
repository?  (https://github.com/llvm/llvm-test-suite)

Second, I was informed in April that the fir-dev branch of the
f18-llvm-project fork of flang is able to produce executable files from
Fortran 77 source.  Could someone explain how to use this capability and
whether this capability has been merged upstream to the llvm-project
repository?  I can see from an error message that my locally installed
flang is invoking gfortran to produce executable files.  Do I need to pass
a flag to tell flang to produce an executable program without invoking
gfortran?

Damian