[flang-dev] Enabling flang/f18 tests on Windows by porting shell scripts to Python

Michael Kruse via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 7 13:14:11 PDT 2021

Yes, using python would be great. Python is required anyway and even
on non-Windows systems bash cannot be assumed to be just present (e.g.
MacOS does not install it anymore by default and only installs a very
old version of Bash due to GPLv3 issues).

By comparison, Clang has a `-verify` option in the binary which would
be a possibility for Flang as well without needing to regex the
output.

Michal