[flang-dev] Enabling flang/f18 tests on Windows by porting shell scripts to Python

Kiran Chandramohan via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 7 01:29:08 PDT 2021

Hello all,

Currently, we cannot run the flang tests on Windows since it uses some shell scripts (like ./test/Semantics/test_errors.sh). The Windows buildbot (https://lab.llvm.org/buildbot/#/builders/172) set up by Michael Kruse currently builds flang but does not run the tests due to this reason. Porting these shell scripts to Python was suggested as a possible solution. We have an intern who is interested in taking up this task. I expect no change in functionality and the Python script will be a straightforward replacement of the shell script.

Is porting the testing scripts to Python OK with everyone?

Thanks,
Kiran