[flang-dev] Bugzilla migration - GitHub "issues" in LLVM forks

Anton Korobeynikov via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 7 10:34:37 PST 2021

Hello Andrzej,

> Do you know whether the migration has any effect on forks of
> llvm-project? We use f18-llvm-project [1] a lot.
So far we are aiming to preserve the existing repo. Therefore the
forks will be unaffected. If it is decided that we will need to drop
the existing repo, then forks will need to be recreated. We understand
that this might be a painful process for downstream projects and
therefore this is considered as a last-resort option as we do not know
who and how will be affected (besides the forks as well).

> IIUC, this template was introduced to prevent people from creating
> issues in llvm-project, right?
Right.

> Any idea whether it's safe to create new issues in forks?
My understanding is that it should be ok as forks are independent in
this way from the LLVM project. Though, you will certainly receive all
updates of the issue templates in the main repo :)

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University