[flang-dev] [cfe-dev] Bugzilla migration is stopped again

Anton Korobeynikov via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 4 00:55:31 PST 2021

> How many issues are we talking about with circular dependencies? Small enough for us to fix by hand on a need to basis? At present the lack of bug tracker for 10 days is starting to be more painful than  the 100% correctness of the data.
This affects:
  - All issues closed due to being duplicates
  - All meta bugs (including release-tracking ones)

Maybe something else, but IMO the meta-bugs case is quite severe.
Essentially we will lose all links from the meta-bug to the
"downstream" bugs, or vice versa, or mixture depending on the relative
order of migration of meta-bug and the dependees. I will be meeting
with GitHub folks on Monday to see what are the solutions.

> Time to move forward, ideally we should have done these kinds of migrations during the planning phase, but we didn’t and that’s a lesson learnt, but let’s finish up the migration as is. Move on in my view it looks good enough to use and you’ve done a good job but let’s not drag this out for 1% of bugs we might not look at much!
Well. The thing is: we checked and found lots of issues and introduced
many workarounds.  I must admit that checking cyclic references after
the migration was not in my checklist and I spotted this issue by
accident. Ordinary references are migrated properly (both to source
code and other issues) and this was checked. There was an assumption
that basic github functionality would simply work. This was a mistake.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University