[flang-dev] [cfe-dev] RFC: Fortran optoins in Clang

Andrzej Warzynski via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 8 11:28:10 PDT 2021

Hi Joerg,

On 08/04/2021 17:44, Joerg Sonnenberger via cfe-dev wrote:

> I think warning and codegen options should be claimed only if the
> corresponding language frontend is actually active. I think we have some
> existing cases for that with Objective-C and C++ interaction. So just
> extend that?

What do you mean by "active"?

Unlike Objective-C and C++, Flang's frontend is implemented in a
different sub-project. Also, AFAIK, there's no concept of
active/inactive frontend in the compiler driver.

Perhaps you meant "Clang, the frontend and the frontend driver"? I'm
referring to "Clang, the compiler driver" :) I should've made that
clearer first time round.

-Andrzej