[flang-dev] Flang Biweekly Sync - Notes from the May 27, 2020 call

Gary Klimowicz via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 29 12:03:25 PDT 2020

> From: flang-dev <flang-dev-bounces at lists.llvm.org<mailto:flang-dev-bounces at lists.llvm.org>> On Behalf Of Bryan Chan via flang-dev
> Subject: Re: [flang-dev] Flang Biweekly Sync - Notes from the May 27, 2020 call

> > We pushed one pull requests to the stage branch. Continuing to work on a
> > process for proposals, testing, approvals and merge.
> > [...]
> > Nick Romero asked about any upcoming binary release. None has been done
> > recently. It hasn't seemed like a priority from the community. NVIDIA can
> > do one at any time.

> What is the latest status on the process for proposals, testing, approvals
> and merge? Huawei is interested in an updated release of classic Flang,
> preferably one based on LLVM 10, and would like to help if possible.

I'm working on some build scripts that Would be of general use in Flang.
Once I have those validated and running in our Jenkins environment here,
we will be steadily streaming changes back into current Flang. I'll be
documenting the process on the wiki as well.

I believe the folks at Arm have made sure that classic flang is up to date
with LLVM 9.

> Has anyone worked on porting classic Flang to LLVM 10? I have ported the
> patches to LLVM 10, and I am wondering if it is something that the community
> would be interested in. However, I can't just submit a pull request as there
> currently isn't a monorepo-based repo for classic Flang.

The community would definitely be interested in this. I believe there are changes
to flang-compiler/flang-driver and flang-compiler/llvm that might need to be pulled
forward as well. Are you referring to that? Or pull requests into flang itself for LLVM 10?

Let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks!

Gary