[flang-dev] Flang Biweekly Sync - Notes from the May 27, 2020 call

Bryan Chan via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 27 15:34:09 PDT 2020

> We pushed one pull requests to the stage branch. Continuing to work on a
> process for proposals, testing, approvals and merge.
> [...]
> Nick Romero asked about any upcoming binary release. None has been done
> recently. It hasn't seemed like a priority from the community. NVIDIA can
> do one at any time.

What is the latest status on the process for proposals, testing, approvals
and merge? Huawei is interested in an updated release of classic Flang,
preferably one based on LLVM 10, and would like to help if possible.

Has anyone worked on porting classic Flang to LLVM 10? I have ported the
patches to LLVM 10, and I am wondering if it is something that the community
would be interested in. However, I can't just submit a pull request as there
currently isn't a monorepo-based repo for classic Flang.

Thanks!

Bryan