[flang-dev] Flang Biweekly Sync - Notes from the May 27, 2020 call

Gary Klimowicz via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 23 08:26:25 PDT 2020

On Jun 22, 2020, at 5:12 PM, Bryan Chan <bryan.chan at huawei.com<mailto:bryan.chan at huawei.com>> wrote:

I have pushed a monorepo fork with all the Flang patches from release_90 to:

https://github.com/Huawei-PTLab/classic-flang-llvm/

The code is in the release_10.x branch.

I had to revert some commits that are related to F18 in order to get classic
Flang working. I haven't thought about how to make classic Flang continue
to co-exist with the new Flang in LLVM 11 and beyond; perhaps it won't be
necessary. For now, this branch works and should run most unit tests.

To build the code, use the same instructions as before, but merge the first
three steps into one, e.g.

    cmake -G Ninja \
          $CMAKE_OPTIONS
          -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc \
          -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++ \
          -DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS="clang;openmp" \
          ../llvm

    ninja check-all install

Thanks, Bryan. I will set up an environment to attempt to build and run tests here.

I have a lot of meetings today and tomorrow morning, so it may take me a couple days to get to this. Just so you know that I’m not ignoring you; it’s just that Tuesday and Wednesdays are crazy for me.

Best regards,

Gary