[flang-dev] OpenMP target regions and intrinsic Fortran math functions

Romero, Nichols A. via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 22 11:25:39 PDT 2020

Hi,

I am bringing this up because it seems that OpenMP development is really ramping up now and I want to bring up a common use case that does not seem to be supported with other vendor compilers.

It is a common use case to call the Fortran intrinsic Math functions in an openmp target region. I am not sure how this in implemented in the Fortran + OpenMP compilers for the vendors who do support it. I suspect this is done by inlining, but it appears that other vendors have their Fortran math functions in a backend runtime library which somehow prevents these functions from being called in an OpenMP target region.

--
Nichols A. Romero, Ph.D.
Computational Science Division